Please support these fantastic charities

Please support these fantastic charities

Monday 3 March 2014

Day Three

"Why are the downhills never as long as the uphills"

So i set off early this morning to make up miles from the previous day. Came up against a problem before i had even left the door, literally, we were locked in our hotel! Once we had escaped i got myself into a good rhythm until my tyre decided to give up on me! *pop*.  I completed 12 miles of hills and bends.

Then it was swap over time again and onto the marathon - my knees are really feeling this! one foot in front of the other...

Change over time again, back in the saddle. Managed to complete 64 miles these roads really are tough! so many blind bends and unexpected hills but i must say beautiful scenery. Towards the end of the bike ride today i was feeling a lot better than yesterday. I cannot wait for some flat terrain and civilisation now. 

Many people told me i was doing this the right way round and it was all downhill...!

I literally pedalled this evening until it was impossible to cycle any further, the roads are deathly, i want to complete this alive. With no street lights for miles around and not being able to see anything,  it was time to call it a night.

Alex joined me today and has taken over the driving from Nikki. She will drive me back to where i finished this evening early tomorrow morning and i will cycle the 20 miles back to Glasgow before starting tomorrows route!

On a positive note i was feeling fairly good after the cycle this evening and the beard is growing well! unfortunately its coming through grey!! 

Check out day one here: 




Thank you again for all your support.





No comments:

Post a Comment